Gum Disease Prevention & Treatment for Gingivitis & Periodontitis
By Dr. Stepanenkov, Madison, WI
Today’s major cause of poor oral health and tooth loss is from gum diseases like “Gingivitis” and ”Periodontitis.”
Fortunately, gum disease treatment can be prevented, treated and eliminated.
We are licensed to provide state of the art treatment of gum disease with a laser called LANAP. Laser gum treatment is much more comfortable than traditional “cut and sew” gum surgery especially during the recovery period with very little discomfort experienced by patients. If you suspect having gum disease call our office to see if this treatment is right for you.
Why Choose Gum Disease Treatment?
- To prevent or eliminate gum inflammation (called “gingivitis”).
- To get rid of bad breath cause by the bacteria and plaque build-up from gingivitis.
- To prevent, treat and eliminate periodontitis (a late-stage gum disease).
- To stop bleeding gums due to gum diseases.
- To avoid losing your teeth due to late-stage gum disease.
How Gum Disease Treatment Works
Dr. Stepanenkov will examine your gums for any signs of gingivitis or periodontal gum disease. If signs of gum disease do exist, Dr. Stepanenkov will recommend immediate gum disease treatment. Don’t be afraid! Gum disease is a common oral health problem and is usually simple and painless to treat and eliminate.
Gum disease treatment involves the following steps
- First, our dental hygienist will remove the hardened plaque from below your gum line.
- Then the hygienist uses a “scaling” procedure to smooth the “roots” of your teeth. This is a painless procedure which will reduce the areas prone to plaque buildup. If any pockets of gum infection are found they will be cleaned and “irrigated” if needed.
- If you have advanced gum disease, Dr. Stepanenkov is licensed to provide gum disease treatment with a state of the art Periolase laser.